As part of our protocols, we have a number of over-arching aims and a mission that pervades all of our schools and academies as follows:
- We always put ‘pupils first’
- We follow Local Authority admissions criteria
- We believe that local children should attend local schools and we are not selective
- We are fully inclusive and welcome children from vulnerable groups e.g FSM, SEND, LAC etc
- We continuously provide high quality professional development for all of our staff
- We follow the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions and National Joint Council conditions of service
- We work positively with trade unions and actively involve them in our decision making
- We play our full role in behaviour partnerships/hard to place protocols
- We always put collaboration before competition
- To work in the areas of greatest challenge
- To move all academies in the Trust to at least ‘Good’ using The Dean Trust school improvement offer from the centre (Teaching School)
- To sustain improvements by developing character, values and beliefs alongside sound systems and processes
- To ensure that all academies in our Trust adopt The Dean Trust model for success, high aspirations, high standards and continuous improvement throughout the organisation
- To concentrate our operation within a 50-mile radius of the Central Hub to ensure that coverage of the academy group and lead times are manageable and focused
- The Trust would have at the centre The Dean Trust Teaching School and high quality School Centred Initial Teacher Training (SCITT)
- To have high quality academy/school governance at the heart of the process
- To establish a strong centralised ‘back office’ support service for the academy group which is well resourced and funded to meet operational needs
The following principles underline everything we do:
- A respect for all pupils and their parents.
- A full commitment to professionalism.
- A well ordered and caring school community.
Our School Vision
Our school community has worked together to establish what our school vision and values should be. We communicate our vision by way of a classical temple: the heart of a community which conveys strength, spirituality, and solidarity.
Our vision is simply that everyone can achieve their highest potential and ambition through daily personal and academic excellence.
It is our belief that the pupils at Dean Trust Ardwick have no limit to their potential. We all share the vision that everyone can achieve their highest potential and ambition, whoever they are. It is our job to provide the right school ethos and environment to help pupils achieve this. We do this by encouraging pupils (and staff) to aim for daily personal and academic excellence, which means that supported through our high standards we all learn to be the best we can be, which of course, is our highest potential, and should be our greatest ambition.
Our vision is supported by the five temple pillars. Click on the images below to find out how these pillars support our pupils to achieve their potential and ambition.